Living our life in Gracey, KY

Monday, November 29, 2010

We're engaged!

  September 13th, 2010: We went to dinner that night at Olive Garden, and I think we were in and out in 30 minutes flat.  We went to York beach and walked the entire "boardwalk" trying to find a "good spot".  Well we did, and I could tell he was nervous and he kept hugging me and kissing me and telling me he loved me, but  then nothing. After 20 minutes the bugs were eatting me alive and I suggested we leave...really I was trying to encourage him lol. But though we stopped twice on the way to the car...nothing.

We stopped and got some chips and dip. We got back to my apartment, and he pulled me straight out onto the deck....for another 15 minutes of "I love yous" and hand holding.  So I went inside to the bathroom, and when I came out he had moved my table to the side.  I waited anxiously and the image of our first kiss popped into my head.  He was sooo nervous, his leg shakeing, and he went to kiss me and abandoned the notion a second before and ended up huggin me.  This was the same feeling lol.  But finally, he said something like " When I come back , I want you to be mine.  Will you marry me?"  I said " Yes, if you'll get down on one knee and ask me again."  we both laughed, he was sooooo nervous he forgot about the kneeling part.  And so he asked again and I said yes...again.  It was not a commercial moment, but it was perfect and worth the wait. It was truely a reflection of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment